Whether you’re working with paint, varnish, stain or epoxy, mineral spirits Klean Strips are an excellent line of solvents and thinners for project clean-up, allowing you to work faster and perform better. But did you know that these solvents and paint thinners can be recycled and reused on-site in your facility, over and over, resulting in tremendous financial savings and millions of gallons of solvent waste saved each year?
Recycle Klean-Strip® odorless mineral spirits with Solvent Recycling Systems
With all of the complications involved with managing industrial waste — plus the regulatory burden — it makes sense for business, and the environment, to explore recycling alternatives. The mineral spirits left after the toluene and xylene are removed is sold as “odorless” mineral spirits. As such, it is a weaker mineral spirit than regular mineral spirits and is more expensive because of the extra steps it takes to produce it to become odorless. Despite this fact, it still appears to be strong enough to thin all common oils, varnishes and oil paints, and thus requires special disposal.
By choosing a managed solvent recycling service, you avoid expensive regulatory costs to dispose of the Klean Strip mineral spirits and speed up operation. Customize an on-site solvent recycling program that meets your requirements – with direct installation and operational training for your staff. All of the components of the recycler are cleaned and adjusted on-site to prevent the risk of contamination, discoloration, leaks or spills. Best of all— smaller facilities can use the distillation units, as they will recycle as little as 1 gallon/hr.
List of Klean Strip Solvents and Thinners
Many of Klean-Strip's line of solvents and thinners are recyclable using Solvent Recycling Systems' distillation units. For a complete list of solvent recyclables, click here.
- Lacquer Thinner
- Less Flammable* Paint Thinner for SCAQMD is a premium, highly refined formula that dries with minimal residue, and is an excellent cleaner for paint brushes, tools and equipment immediately after use.
- M.E.K. (Methyl Ethyl Ketone) for thinning polyester, epoxies, vinyls, and adhesives.
- Odorless Mineral Spirits for cleaning up paint and thinning oil-based coatings.
- Paint Thinner is used for thinning oil-based paint, stain, and varnishes.
- Painter’s Solvent for SCAQMD is a premium, highly refined solvent formula that is excellent for cleaning tools and equipment after a painting project
- Pure Gum Spirits Turpentine
- Toluene dries faster than Xylene and is also an excellent cleaning solvent for tools and equipment immediately after use.
- VM&P Naphtha is used when fast drying time is needed for thinning varnishes, enamels, and oil-based paints and cleaning machine parts.
Mineral Spirits Klean Strip MSDS
For Mineral Spirits Klean Strips MSDS and SDS information, download the pdf.