ElectriCorr VpCI-238 is an electronic cleaner containing Vapor phase Corrosion Inhibitor (VpCI). This cleaner is specifically formulated for electrical/
electronic equipment, and components. ElectriCorr VpCI-238 forms a thin film of Vapor phase Corrosion Inhibitors effective against aggressive environments including industrial, marine, and tropical climates. This film does not alter the electrical resistance or magnetic properties of metal substrates. ElectriCorr VpCI-238 can be safely applied to protect circuits or relays without causing any changes in conductivity. It can be safely
used with most plastics, elastomers, and other nonmetallic.
• Instant corrosion protection
• Long-term multi-metal protection
• Minimized field service
• Increased corrosion protection at a lower cost than
conventional rust preventatives
• CFC- and 1,1,1-Trichlorethane-free
• Vapor phase protection in vented or unvented enclosures
• May be used as a cleaning agent
• Moisture-displacing and penetrating film characteristics
• NSN #6850-01-413-9361 (aerosol form)
• Printed circuit boards
• Electrical contacts and components
• Electric motors
• Corrosion protection of different metals in humid environment
• Generators and junction boxes
• Spray for use after final assembly or in the field
ElectriCorr VpCI-238 has been tested by a worldrenowned laboratory under accelerated conditionsper the Batelle Flowing Mixed Gas Test in a Class III environment. The results showed excellent multi-metal protection equivalent to a 7-years protection interval in an indoor electronics environment.
Dip part to be cleaned in VpCI-238 or spray with ElectriCorr VpCI-238. Remove excess by drip, wipe, or other conventional method. Dry time is approximately 1-2 hours at 700F and 50% relative humidity. Forced air is not recommended due to possible condensate and/or compressor oil contamination. The amount of ElectriCorr VpCI-238 necessary to maintain a sufficient concentration of vapors will depend on factors such as the efficiency of sealing enclosures (air circulation), volume of the enclosure, atmospheric conditions, and the density/porousness of the walls.
Application is effective for 6+ months with proper controls.