Do you have a chemical waste stream currently sitting in drums or totes waiting to be picked up for landfill disposal? If so, solvent recycling is a better way to handle this waste stream, not only for your bottom line but also for the environment.
Our line of solvent recycling equipment provides the ideal solution to reclaim and recover your waste solvents through a controlled and self-sustaining solvent distillation process. With our solvent recycling systems, you will be able to separate pure solvent from grease and other stubborn contaminants with optimal efficiency, safety, and consistent quality. Depending on the components included in the substance, you should expect recovery rates yielding from 95% to 99.9%.
Solvents as cleaners
Hydrocarbon solvents are very efficient degreasing agents used to clean metal surfaces. However, using them on a regular basis can become costly and put operators at risk when it comes to handling drums full of waste or pure solvents. Used and contaminated solvents are a serious environmental problem if they are not disposed of properly. The disposal of contaminated solvents can be outsourced to waste contracting service companies, but this requires time, internal resources, and lots of EPA paperwork.
Benefits of Onsite Solvent Recycling
Our line of solvent recyclers provides an environmentally friendly solution for solvent recovery from industrial cleaning processes.
The main benefit of recycling your own solvents in-house is savings! By recycling your own solvents, you can save on both new solvent purchases and disposable waste solvent fees. Simply put, the machine pays for itself in only a few months.
Furthermore, our solvent recycling systems can be connected to your cleaning equipment and set to work in a fully automated process. This eliminates the need to move hazardous waste in your shop and expose your employees to hazardous solvent fumes.
Benefits of solvent recyclers
- Reduce the cost of your new solvent purchases by up to 90%
- Reduce your waste solvents disposal costs by up to 95%
- Eliminate the needs to store hazardous materials
- Reduce your company’s ecological footprint
- Eliminate your EPA reporting liability
- Reduce health risks for the employees
- Stop relying on your supplier and reduce your lead time
We always evaluate your solvents’ and contaminants’ MSDS sheets prior to recommending the proper system. We can also run a test in our facility to validate the process’ feasibility and efficiency.
We have a large variety of solvent recovery equipment to choose from to handle the needs of a wide variety of applications and output volumes:
- Batch Systems are available in 8, 16, 32, 48, and 64-gal tank capacity.
- Continuous processing are custom fabricated to your needs and can yield production levels of up to 100 gal per hour.
All our solvent recovery equipment is automation-ready and almost maintenance-free. It is explosion-proof and requires very little expertise to operate. It is QPS-certified to UL standard 2208 in Canada and the U.S. for class I, Div.1, Group D hazardous locations.
Standard components of solvent recycling systems:
- Built with a strong 304-grade stainless steel tank insulated with 4” polyurethane on the side wall and bottom.
- Explosion-proof electrical heater and heat transfer oil for optimal indirect heating.
- Working temperature of up to 210 ºC / 410 ºF.
- Process parameters are regulated by programmable logic controllers (PLC) and interfaced with an intuitive, touch panel human-machine interface (HMI).
- Meet NFPA codes (30,33, and 70) and International Fire Codes (IFC).
- Vacuum-assisted system
- Auto-fill transfer kit
- All stainless steel components
- External alarm light box
- Overfill protection
- Oil cooling system
- Lifting arm for the collection of heavy sludge residue
We have over 1,000 solvent recovery units in operation around the globe, and counting. Major paint shops, thermos plastic manufacturers, printers, and manufacturing facilities take advantage of our solvent recovery systems to both save money and reduce their hazardous waste.
Stop Spending Too Much on Solvent Purchasing and Disposal
Contact us today to find out more about our line of solvent recycling systems